Maintaining a healthy and beautiful skin should not be expensive. There are a lot of natural skin care that you can find in your kitchen. These are the safest, inexpensive and easy to grab whenever you felt like lazing around on weekends. Well, it's not that convenient to use unlike most commercial creams that smell good and doesn't drip from your forehead. But patience and persistence can save you a lot--- money and fine fine skin :)
I love facial spa. It's very relaxing but I cannot maintain it because honestly, it's above my budget. So I researched and applied home-style facial spa.
What you need:
Blackheads and whiteheads pricker (optional)
St. Ives Apricot Scrub (you can also use sea salt as an alternative. Make sure to scrub gently)
Honey (If you have some oatmeal, mix 1 tablespoon of honey to 1 tablespoon of oatmeal), you can also use milk, avocado or ripe papaya and eggwhite
1.Boil a pot of water. Set aside.
2. Wash face with lukewarm water and mild soap or facial cleanser. I recommend using a gentle cleanser to avoid irritation.
3. Rest your head above the bowl or pot of hot water for 5-15 minutes. Be careful and don't lean too close to the pot to avoid getting burnt. If this is uncomfortable for you, you can soak the clean facial towel on the hot water. Add some lukewarm water until you can pick the towel and squeeze the excess water in it. Pat on your face gently and cover it on your face for a couple of minutes.
4. Exfoliate your skin with the Apricot Scrub or the sea salt.
These are not cucumbers, these are the new Cucu Chanel sunglasses. Really, we don't have cucumber available that day.
Gently scrub your face in circular motion. Do this for about a minute. Wipe with the face towel which was soaked in the warm water.
5. If you have blackheads and whiteheads problem, this is the next step to start pricking them. But first, clean your pricker with alcohol.
6.Wipe your face with the cotton balls dipped in warm water. Squeeze the excess water before wiping on your face.
7. Spread your honey mask (or fruit mask) generously on your face. Leave it on your skin for about 30 mins to 1 hour. Don't forget to apply lip balm on your lips. Most spa clinics neglect the lips in the process. Your lips need some pampering too.
If you have dry skin, I recommend applying honey mask for 3 consecutive days. Then follow an egg white mask on the next 3 days to refine your pores.
Cover your eyes with your sliced cucumber while waiting for your honey mask to be absorbed by your skin.
8. Clean your face with a damp facial towel or wash with a lukewarm water to remove all the sticky honey. Pat dry with a soft towel.
9. Apply toner to rehydrate your skin
shiny, happy, clean face :Dgreen tea and sleep early.